of Texas - Online Edition
Basis for distribution
Each species account in this book
includes a description of the distribution of the species
in Texas, and most accounts include a map of the
distribution in Texas based on known county records. The
distribution for each species is based on the following
types of data:
1) Specimens collected in Texas and
held in various museums.
2) Records in published scientific
3) Survey response records of
trappers in Texas (furbearers).
4) Texas Department of Health
5) Texas Parks and Wildlife
Department distribution files and field
6) Records of the Texas Marine
Mammal Stranding Network (cetaceans).